Thursday 28 May 1987
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yoann Kowal .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to With Or Without You by U2.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship was in the top 5 hits.
The Untouchables, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Fine Things by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vreme za pat.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Exolon or Metal Gear.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1987!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1987 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Yoann Kowal: French athlete, steeplechaser, he received the gold medal at the 2014 European championship in place of Mekhissi who was downgraded.
- Charles Ludlam: American actor, director, and playwright.
- 60th National Spelling Bee: Stephanie Petit wins spelling staphylococci
- Mathias Rust, 19, W German pilot, makes unauthorized landing in the USSR
- Monitor, Civil War warship, is discovered by a deep sea robot.
- Southern League no-hit record-Bob Milacki pitches 11 1 / 3 no-hit inn
- 60th US National Spelling Bee: Stephanie Petit wins spelling "staphylococci".
- Paul Pearman jumps 21 barrels on a skateboard in Augusta, Georgia, USA.
- A robot probe finds the wreckage of the USS Monitor near Cape Hatteras, North Carolina.
- 19-year-old West German pilot Mathias Rust evades Soviet Union air defenses and lands a private plane in the Red Square in Moscow. He is immediately detained and will not be released until August 3, 1988.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- U2 - With Or Without You
- Kim Wilde - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Chris DeBurgh - The Lady In Red
- Atlantic Starr - Always
- Fleetwood Mac - Big Love
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Head To Toe
- Breakfast Club - Right On Track
- Bryan Adams - Heat Of The Night
- Huey Lewis & The News - I Know What I Like
- Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?