Friday 28 May 1993
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bárbara Luz and Jonnie Peacock.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to That's The Way Love Goes by Janet Jackson.
In UK Five Live (EP) by George Michael & Queen With Lisa Stansfield was in the top 5 hits.
Grave of the Fireflies, directed by Isao Takahata, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coltrane in a Cadillac.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Asterix and the Great Rescue or Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1993!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1993 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Bárbara Luz: Portuguese tennis player.
- Jonnie Peacock: English sprinter.
- Mason Shefa: American director and producer.
- Billy Conn: Boxer / actor (Pittsburgh Kid), dies at 75.
- 200,000 demonstrate against mafia terror.
- Polish Government of Suchocka falls.
- Eritrea and Monaco join the United Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?