Sunday 28 May 1995
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacob Kogan .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to This Is How We Do It by Montell Jordan.
In UK Unchained Melody / White Cliffs Of Dover by Robson Green & Jerome Flynn was in the top 5 hits.
The Bridges of Madison County, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while The Rainmaker by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trailer Park.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ascendancy or ATR: All Terrain Racing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1995!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1995 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Inspector Calls closes at Royale Theater NYC after 454 performances
- Dottie Mochrie wins J C Penney / LPGA Skins Golf Game
- Earthquake hits Russian town of Khabarovsk, killing 2,000 people
- Southwestern Florida outside of Tampa begins using new area code 941
- White Sox (5) and Tigers (7) combine for record 12 HRs at Tiger Stadium
- Alison Nichols wins LPGA Corning Golf Classic.
- The Russian town of Neftegorsk is hit by a 7.6 magnitude earthquake that kills at least 2,000 people, half of the total population.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 May 1995
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It
- Bryan Adams - Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?
- Boyz II Men - Water Runs Dry
- Method Man - I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need To Get By
- Adina Howard - Freak Like Me
- Nicki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Dionne Farris - I Know
- TLC - Red Light Special
- Blessid Union Of Souls - I Believe
- Monica - Don't Take It Personal
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?