Wednesday 28 May 1997
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dustin McNeer and Brendan Lunn.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to MMMbop by Hanson.
In UK Lovefool by The Cardigans was in the top 5 hits.
Con Air, directed by Simon West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while Just As I Am: The Autobiography of Billy Graham by Billy Graham was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cleopatra Fortune or Test Drive 4.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1997!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1997 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
Famous Birthdays:28 May
- Bob Dylan hospitalized in England with histoplasmosis
- Tornado in Jarrell Texas kills at least 28
- Wallace Berg, 42, is fourth American to scale Mount Everest for third time.
- Linda Finch completes an around-the-world flight first attempted by Amelia Earhart.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Hanson - MMMbop
- The Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize
- The Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There
- Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack
- Jewel - You Were Meant For Me
- Monica - For You I Will
- I Belong To You (Every Time I See Your Face) - Rome
- The Freshman - The Verve Pipe
- Savage Garden - I Want You
- Paula Cole - Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?