Sunday 28 May 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to SOS by Rihanna.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, directed by Justin Lin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 2006!
Which were the important events of 28 May 2006 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 May
- Thorleif Schjelderup: Norwegian ski jumper and writer.
- The body of Canadian diplomat Lewis Brooke Miskell is found in Naples, Italy, three months after his disappearance. (Globe and Mail)
- ''The Wind That Shakes the Barley'', a film by British director Ken Loach, is awarded the Palme d'Or at the 2006 Cannes Film Festival.
- Comoros volcano Mount Karthala erupts. (Washington Post)
- Sam Hornish, Jr. wins the 90th Indianapolis 500 in the second-closest finish in race history.
- President Alvaro Uribe gets reelected in a landslide in the Colombian presidential election, 2006, winning 62.2% of the votes in a landslide. This is the first time a Colombian President gets reelected in more than a century. He will serve another 4-year term.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?