Monday 28 May 2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Makes Me Wonder by Maroon5.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
Mr. Brooks, directed by Bruce A. Evans, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The 6th Target by James Patterson, Maxine Paetro was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 2007!
Which were the important events of 28 May 2007 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 May
- Al-Azhar University suspends the lecturer who issued the Breastfeeding fatwa. (BBC)
- The Foreign Office of the British Government submits a formal request to the Russian Government for the extradition of ex-KGB agent Andrei Lugovoi to face charges over the murder of his former colleague Alexander Litvinenko in London. (BBC)
- Aid workers claim that at least 17 people have been killed and others abducted by Hutu rebels in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. (BBC)
- Iraqi insurgency: At least 19 people die after a car bomb detonates in Baghdad. (BBC)
- Officials from Iran and the United States hold their first talks since 1980 with the topic being the future of Iraq. (ITV)
- Minister of Agriculture Toshikatsu Matsuoka commits suicide, apparently over a financial scandal. (BBC)
- Government-owned TV Station TVes begins broadcasting in place of Radio Caracas Television. (Bloomberg)
- Thousands protest in Caracas in the hours following the closure of Radio Caracas Television. Four people are injured, including one police officer. Police and the National Guard use tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse the crowd. (The Guardian)
- Canada: Voters in Prince Edward Island go to the polls for provincial elections. (CTV)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?