Thursday 28 May 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Hangover, directed by Todd Phillips, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 5: The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Video Games AWESOME!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Burn Zombie Burn! or The Conduit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 28 May 2009 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 May
- General Motors asks Germany to indebt its subsidiary automakers Opel and Vauxhall Motors. (''Times Online'')
- Sixteen people are killed and more than 20 injured when a bus crashes near Yambol, Bulgaria. (BBC)
- Raymond Hewlett, a person of interest in Madeleine McCann's disappearance, gives the West Yorkshire Police a DNA sample for testing. (Sky News)
- Former Chilean Army conscript José Adolfo Paredes Márquez is charged with murdering activist/singer Víctor Jara during General Augusto Pinochet's coup d'état in 1973. (Guardian)
- United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton reaffirms President Barack Obama's demand that Israel halt settlement in the West Bank. (BBC)
- A 7.1-magnitude earthquake occurs in the Gulf of Honduras. (BBC)
- Two bombs kill eight people and injure 74 others in Peshawar, Pakistan. (CNN)
- The United States and South Korea increase their alert states after North Korea renounces the armistice that halted the Korean War in 1953. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?