Saturday 28 May 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
X-Men: First Class, directed by Matthew Vaughn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Último a Sair.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Annoying Orange: Kitchen Carnage or Pac-Man Battle Royale.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 2011!
Which were the important events of 28 May 2011 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 May
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Fresh explosions are heard in the Libyan capital Tripoli as NATO bombing continues. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Egyptian revolution: Ousted President of Egypt Hosni Mubarak receives the first ruling against him, being fined US$34 million for cutting off communications services during the revolution that overthrew him. (BBC)
- The Department of Homeland Security advises that the United States Department of Defense's largest supplier Lockheed Martin has been hit by hackers. (Reuters via MSNBC)
- 39 people are injured after an express train derails and catches fire in a tunnel on Hokkaido, Japan. (AFP via Google News)
- At least 10 people in Germany die after eating cucumbers infected with E.coli. (BBC)
- Vietnam accuses the People's Republic of China of ampquotviolatingampquot its sovereignty after Chinese ships damaged a Petrovietnam boat in the disputed Spratly Islands. (Channel NewsAsia)
- North Korea releases Eddie Jun, a United States citizen who was held in custody for half a year. (''The Chosun Ilbo'')
- Martial law is declared in the city of Xilinhot, Inner Mongolia, China after days of protests. (''Pakistan Daily Times'')
- Protesting indigenous people take over half of the city of Puno in south-eastern Peru, demanding an end to a Canadian mining project. (BBC)
- Malta votes on the introduction of divorce. (Times of Malta)
- FC Barcelona wins the 2010-11 UEFA Champions League beating Manchester United F.C. 3-1 in the 2011 UEFA Champions League Final. (AP via MSNBC)
- Mohamed Bin Hammam withdraws from the race to be President of FIFA as a result of bribery allegations. (Sky News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?