Thursday 28 November 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Berry Gordy Jr in Detroit and Kenneth Elliott.
Pandora's Box, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1929 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Berry Gordy Jr in Detroit: Michigan, USA; record company owner (Motown).
- Kenneth Elliott: Scottish musician, editor and scholar, an authority on early Scottish music.
- Berry Gordy: Entrepreneur.
- Adm Richard E Byrd makes 1st South Pole flight
- Ernie Nevers of the then Chicago Cardinals scores all of the Cardinals' points in this game as the Cardinals defeat the Chicago Bears 40-6.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1929 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- If I Had a Talking Picture of You - Johnny Hamp & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?