Wednesday 28 November 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Walk in the Sun, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Have a look at the old newspapers from 28 November 1945 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1945 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Franklin Drilon: Filipino lawyer and politician 22nd President of the Senate of the Philippines
- Dwight F Davis: U.S. Secretary of War and donor of the Davis cup (Born 1879)
- An earthquake in Balochistan (Pakistan) causes a tsunami and kills 4,000.
- The Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia is declared (this day is celebrated as Republic Day until the 1990s). Marshal Tito is named president.
- Assembly of the world's first general purpose electronic computer, the Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer (ENIAC), is completed. It covers of floor space. The first set of calculations is run on the computer.
- General Eurico Gaspar Dutra is elected president of Brazil.
- French banks (Banque de France, BNCI, CNEP, Crédit Lyonnais, and Société Générale) nationalized.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Waitin' for the Train to Come In - Harry James & His Orchestra (Vocal Kitty Kallen)
- Waitin' for the Train to Come In - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
- The Honeydripper - Jimmie Lunceford Orch v Delta Rhythm Boys
- Holiday For Strings - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 November 1945 and get them!