Monday 28 November 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Loves of Colette, directed by Jean Faurez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1949!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1949 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Marc Matz: American writer, the author of "Nocturne For a Dangerous Man," his first book, released in hard cover on 7/07/1999, Tor Books.
- Jean-Charles De Castelbajac: French fashion designer, and, as the Marquis de Castelbajac, a French nobleman.
- Hugh McKenna: Rocker (Alex Harvey Band).
- Victor Ostrovsky: Canadian / Israel, Mossad agent (By Way of Deception).
- Alexander Godunov: Russian-American ballet dancer and actor; defected to the U.S.
- Paul Shaffer: Canadian musician and composer.He has performed on "Saturday Night Live (1975-1980) and played with The Blues Brothers, Jim Belushi and Dan Akroyd as well as with Gilda Radner. In 1982 became bandleader for the David Letterman Show.
- Winston Churchill makes a landmark speech in support of the idea of a European Union at Kingsway Hall, London.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?