Wednesday 28 November 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Scrooge, directed by Brian Desmond-Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1951!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1951 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
Famous Birthdays:28 November
- Military coup under Col Adib el-Shishakli in Syria
- ''Scrooge'', starring Alastair Sim, premieres in the United States under the title of Charles Dickens's original novel, ''A Christmas Carol''.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?