Sunday 28 November 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK My Son My Son by Vera Lynn was in the top 5 hits.
Destry, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1954!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1954 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Necip Hablemitoğlu: Turkish historian and academic (d. 2002).
- Enrico Fermi: Italian-American physicist who, with Leo Szilard, discovered uranium fission.
- 1st pro football game in the Netherlands
- KCKT (now KSNC) TV channel 2 in Great Bend, KS (NBC) 1st broadcast
- In Sylacauga, Alabama, USA a woman is struck by a 4kg meteorite that crashed through the roof of a house.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?