Thursday 28 November 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
Sayonara, directed by Joshua Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1957!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1957 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Kamal : Director.
- Geoff Payne: Family Member.
- Peeter Järvelaid: Estonian historian and scholar.
- David Van Day: English singer (Dollar Guys 'n' Dolls and Bucks Fizz).
- Sarah Green: American movie producer; she produced "Frida," the 2002 award-winning film about artist Frida Kahlo, starring Selma Hayak and directed by Julie Taymor.
- Look Homeward, Angel with Anthony Perkins premieres in New York City
- Warren Spahn of the Braves wins Cy Young Award
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?