Friday 28 November 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tim Mullens and David Van.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty.
In UK It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards was in the top 5 hits.
Auntie Mame, directed by Morton DaCosta, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Drake.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1958 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Tim Mullens: Dutch singer / guitarist (Ivy green).
- David Van: Day; rocker (Dollar - "Love's Gotta Hold on Me").
- Kriss Akabusi: Great Britain, 4X400 runner (1984 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Dave Righetti: American baseball player and coach.
- AL announces Opening Day in 1959 will be earliest ever, April 9
- KCOO (now KABY) TV channel 9 in Aberdeen, SD (ABC) begins broadcasting
- US reports 1st full-range firing of an ICBM
- Chad becomes an autonomous republic within the French community.
- Chad, the Republic of the Congo, and Gabon become autonomous republics within the French Community.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 November 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- Elvis Presley - I Got Stung
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- Bobby Darin - Queen Of The Hop
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?