Wednesday 28 November 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Karen Marsden and Davey Boy Smith.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Lovesick Blues by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Girls! Girls! Girls!, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while A Shade Of Difference by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Höhlenkinder.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1962!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1962 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Karen Marsden: Perth, Western Australia -- Field hockey goalie (1996 Olympics).
- Davey Boy Smith: English professional wrestler (d. 2002).
- Matt Cameron: American musician, a drummer in American rock bands Soundgarden (1986-1997) and Pearl Jam in 1998.
- Jon Stewart: TV Show Host.
- Paul Dinello: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Juan Rosero: Ecuadorian cyclist (d. 2013)
- Telegraph between Netherlands and Indonesia restored
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 November 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Brenda Lee - All Alone Am I
- The Orlons - Don't Hang Up
- The Tijuana Brass - The Lonely Bull (El Solo Torro)
- Dee Dee Sharp - Ride
- The Crystals - He's A Rebel
- Neil Sedaka - Next Door To An Angel
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?