Saturday 28 November 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jorge Capitanich and Sian Williams.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Leader Of The Pack by The Shangri-Las.
Guns at Batasi, directed by John Guillermin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der goldene Schuß.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1964!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1964 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Jorge Capitanich: Argentine politician, businessman, and accountant who has been Governor of the province of Chaco since February 2015.
- Sian Williams: Journalist.
- Michael Bennet: Choreographer (Chorus Line), dies of AIDS at 44.
- John Burkett: New Brighton, Pennsylvania -- Pitcher (Florida Marlins).
- Roy Tarpley: American basketball player (d. 2015).
- 52nd CFL Grey Cup: BC Lions defeats Hamilton Tiger-Cats, 34-24
- Mariner 4 launched; first probe to fly by Mars.
- Mariner program: NASA launches the Mariner 4 probe toward Mars.
- Vietnam War: National Security Council members agree to recommend that U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson adopt a plan for a two-stage escalation of bombing in North Vietnam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Shangri-Las - Leader Of The Pack
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- Jay & the Americans - Come A Little Bit Closer
- The Zombies - She's Not There
- Lorne Greene - Ringo
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- The Kinks - You Really Got Me
- The Rolling Stones - Time Is On My Side
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Johnny Rivers - Mountain Of Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?