Sunday 28 November 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Ecob and Guillaume Dustan.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Hear A Symphony by The Supremes.
In UK Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
That Darn Cat!, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dileme.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1965!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1965 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- David Ecob: Sydney, NSW -- Australasia golfer.
- Guillaume Dustan: French writer and journalist, openly gay.
- Matt Williams: American baseball player, a right-handed third baseman for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Erwin Mortier: Belgian author and poet.
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Titleholders Golf Championship
- Vietnam War: In response to U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson's call for ''more flags'' in Vietnam, Philippines President Elect Ferdinand Marcos announces he will send troops to help fight in South Vietnam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The Silkie - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?