Monday 28 November 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Penny Burke and Raven Kaldera.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band.
In UK Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Django, directed by Sergio Corbucci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Polizeifunk ruft.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1966!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1966 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Penny Burke: American ballet student from age five.
- Raven Kaldera: American writer, poet and mythologist.
- Jose Souvignet: French airline pilot, the first lieutenant of an Air France commercial airplane that crashed near Pale, Bosnia on 8/30/1995, 5:12 PM.
- Sam Seder: American actor director and producer.
- Narumi Yasuda: Japanese actress.
- Vittorio Giannini: Composer, dies at 63.
- Dominican Republic adopts constitution
- Coup in Burundi overthrows monarchy; a republic is declared.
- Truman Capote's Black and White Ball ('The Party of the Century') is held in New York City.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- James and Bobby Purify - I'm Your Puppet
- Peter and Gordon - Lady Godiva
- Roger Williams - Born Free
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?