Saturday 28 November 1981
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Caico and Sharon Needles.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
On Golden Pond, directed by Mark Rydell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Munchkin (Europe) K.C. Munchkin! (US) or Stampede.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1981!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1981 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- John Caico: American youth accused along with his teen-age girlfriend of disposing of their infant son's body in a dumpster, preventing authorities from determining whether or not the girl was born dead or alive.
- Sharon Needles: Reality Star.
- Erick Rowan: Wrestler.
- Jacqui Ainsley: English model.
- Brian Tevreden: Dutch footballer.
- Merrily We Roll Along closes at Alvin Theater NYC after 16 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
- The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
- Air Supply - Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)
- Commodores - Oh No
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- Bob Seger - Tryin' To Live My Life Without You (Live)
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?