Wednesday 28 November 1984
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Elizabeth and Martina Stella.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham!.
In UK I Feel For You by Chaka Khan was in the top 5 hits.
Beverly Hills Cop, directed by Martin Brest, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Inspektor Vinko.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Agent USA or Hydlide.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1984!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1984 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Mary Elizabeth: Winstead; American actress.
- Martina Stella: Italian actress, reaching fame while still a delightful teenager.
- Trey Songz: American recording artist.
- Marc-Andre Fleury: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Mary Winstead: Movie Actress.
- Alan Ritchson: TV Actor
- Andrew Bogut: Basketball Player
- Marc-André Fleury: Canadian ice hockey player
- Joross Gamboa: Filipino actor
- Hans Speidel: German General / NATO - Supreme Commander (1957-64), dies at 87.
- Over 250 years after their deaths, William Penn and his wife Hannah Callowhill Penn are made Honorary Citizens of the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Out Of Touch
- Chaka Khan - I Feel For You
- Prince - Purple Rain
- Tina Turner - Better Be Good To Me
- Cyndi Lauper - All Through The Night
- Duran Duran - Wild Boys
- Lionel Richie - Penny Lover
- Sheena Easton - Strut
- Paul McCartney - No More Lonely Nights
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?