Tuesday 28 November 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Wanna Love You by Akon.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
The Wildcat, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 28 November 2006 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Emma : Dutch royalty, the first-born child of Prince Pieter-Christiaan of Orange-Nassau and Anita van Eijk who were married in a civil ceremony on 25 August 2005 at the Het Loo Palace, Apeldoorn, followed by a religious ceremony on 27 August 2005 at the Grote of St. Jeroenskerk, currently known as Oude Jeroenskerk, in Noordwijk.
- Thijs Lauer: American child, son of broadcaster Matt Lauer and wife Annette, their third child and second son.
- U.S. District Judge for the District of Columbia James Robertson orders the U.S. Treasury Department to make paper currency more recognizable to blind people in ''American Council for the Blind v. Secretary of the Treasury''. (FOXNews.com)
- Speaker-designate of the United States House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi announces that controversial Democratic Rep. Alcee Hastings will not be the chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence in the 110th Congress. (Reuters via Washington Post)
- Rafael Correa will be the next President of Ecuador after winning the election with 57 per cent of the vote (94% counted). He will not be officially confirmed until all the votes are counted. (Reuters)
- The Canadian House of Commons supports a motion recognising the people of Quebec as a separate nation within a united Canada. (BBC)
- Ben Bernanke, the Chairman of the United States Federal Reserve predicts that the US economy should undertake a moderate expansion but inflation risks are ampquotprimarily to the upside.ampquot (Reuters via USA Today)
- War in Chad (2005–present):
- Chadian rebels said they shot down a government military plane with a captured ground-to-air missile in fighting near the eastern town of Abeche, which they briefly seized at the weekend. (Reuters)
- A Chadian government spokesman said his nation was in ampquota state of warampquot with Sudan after a Chadian rebel group said it shot down a government plane. (CNN)
- Central African Republic Bush War:
- Government troops in the Central African Republic, backed by French forces, have launched an offensive to retake the northeast town of Birao from rebels, and have recaptured its airport, a French military spokesman said. (Reuters)
- Pope Benedict XVI arrives in Turkey at the start of a four day tour that has sparked protests. (The Guardian)
- The Thai Government lifts martial law in 41 of the country's 76 provinces as recommended by coup leader Sonthi Boonyaratglin. (BBC)
- Nuclear envoys from North Korea, China and the United States meet to discuss North Korea's nuclear program. (Voice of America)
- The Prime Minister of Fiji Laisenia Qarase flies to New Zealand to hold talks with Commodore Frank Bainimarama tomorrow as part of efforts sponsored by the New Zealand Government to avert a coup d'état. (AFP, AAP via News Limited)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 November 2006 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?