Saturday 28 November 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
Zvenigora, directed by Aleksandr Dovzhenko, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Tempted by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 2009!
Which were the important events of 28 November 2009 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 November
- The death toll in a ferry accident in southern Bangladesh rises to 33. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Sri Lanka's former army chief Sarath Fonseka announces he will run for President in the presidential election next year. (AFP)
- A Chinese court hears the first civil lawsuit by a parent whose child fell ill during last year's tainted milk scandal. (BBC)
- The Government of Ireland promises more money to the flood relief fund as ongoing flooding worsens in some counties, including Clare, Galway and Offaly. (RTÉ)
- Protesters and police clash at a demonstration protesting a meeting of the World Trade Organization in Geneva, Switzerland. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- At least 73 people die as a ferry sinks in Lake Mai-Ndombe in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. (Al Jazeera)
- Pakistan's National Reconciliation Ordinance, issued by former President Pervez Musharraf in October 2007 to provide several thousand politicians (including current President Asif Ali Zardari) amnesty from charges of political corruption, expires. (''Daily Times'' Pakistan)
- Russia's prosecutor general opens a criminal case into the 2009 Nevsky Express bombing which killed at least 26 people yesterday. (BBC)
- Three people are killed and four injured after a Zimbabwean cargo plane catches fire at Shanghai Pudong International Airport. (Bernama)
- Japan launches its fifth spy satellite on the H-IIA rocket from the Tanegashima Space Center. (''Times of India'')
- A second day of voting in national and presidential elections in Namibia takes place. (AFP)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?