Saturday 28 October 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Oliver Twist, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1922!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1922 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Cliff Hanley: Scottish journalist, novelist, playwright and broadcaster, who wrote the words of Scotland's unofficial national anthem Scotland the Brave.
- Gershon Kingsley: German-American pianist composer and conductor.
- Simon Muzenda: Zimbabwe politician 1st Vice President of Zimbabwe (d. 2003).
- Butch van Breda Kolff: American basketball player and coach (d. 2007).
- Hugo Verriest: Flemish writer / Poet (Flemish Motion).
- 1st coast-to-coast radio broadcast of a football game
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Gallagher & Shean - Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Shean
- I'm Just Wild About Harry - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Sweet Indiana Home - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?