Sunday 28 October 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
October (Ten Days that Shook the World), directed by Sergei M. Eisenstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1928 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Iry LeJeune: American accordion player (d. 1955).
- Ion Pacepa: Romanian general.
- William Rodgers: Baron Rodgers of Quarry Bank English politician Shadow Secretary of State for Defence.
- Wim van Heumen: Coach of Dutch field hockey team.
- Bradman scores 131 NSW vs. Queensland, 212 mins, 14 fours
- Indonesian child laws enfoced in Bahasa Indonesia
- Declarated of Youth Pledge in Indonesia , the first time Indonesia Raya song was sung
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1928 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Where'd You Get Those Eyes? - Vaughn De Leath
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?