Tuesday 28 October 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Gilbert Trythall and John Henry Mayer.
The Doorway to Hell, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1930 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Harry Gilbert Trythall: Composer.
- John Henry Mayer: Composer.
- Michel Descombey: French dancer, choreographer, ballet director, who joined the Paris opera ballet in 1947; director at Zurich 1971-73; worked in Mexico ballet from 1973.
- Jean-Pierre Prouteau: French politician who married the actress Anne Vernon in 1988.
- Bernie Ecclestone: English motorsports figure.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 October 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?