Wednesday 28 October 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Les Misérables, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1936 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Carl Davis: American-born British conductor and composer.
- Charlie Daniels: American musician, songwriter, guitarist, violinist and vocalist.
- Jean Garcia: French ballet dancer, married once.
- Horst Antes: German painter.
- Ted Hawkins: Singer / guitarist.
- E G Winkler: Writer.
- FDR rededicates Statue of Liberty on its 50th anniversary
- U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt rededicates the Statue of Liberty on its 50th anniversary.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?