Monday 28 October 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1946 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- John Hewson: Australian economist and politician.
- Wim Jansen: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Sharon Thesen: Canadian poet and academic.
- Michel Broué: French mathematician, who has made contributions to algebraic geometry and representation theory.
- German rocket engineers begin work in the USSR
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rumors Are Flying - Billy Butterfield & His Orchestra (Vocal Pat O'Connor)
- Frank Sinatra - The Things We Did Last Summer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 October 1946 and get them!