Tuesday 28 October 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Forever Amber, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1947 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Tom Fitzsimmons in San Francisco: California, USA; actor (Franklin - The Paper Chase).
- Carla Wilza: Brazilian actress who worked in burlesque as a beautiful young woman.
- Henri Michel: French footballer who played as a midfielder and later went on to coach various clubs and national teams all over the world.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Wish I Didn't Love You So - Dick Haymes
- Kokomo, Indiana - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- Mickey - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- Dinah Shore - You Do
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?