Thursday 28 October 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Interlude, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1954 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Gary Rajsich: American baseball player, a left-handed outfielder who played with the New York Mets (1982–83), St. Louis Cardinals (1984), San Francisco Giants (1985), and the Chunichi Dragons (1986–88).
- Nobel prize for literature awarded to Ernest Hemingway
- Ernest Hemingway wins Nobel prize for literature
- The modern Kingdom of the Netherlands is re-founded as a federal monarchy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 October 1954 and get them!