Friday 28 October 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Guys and Dolls, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1955 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Bill Gates: American computer millionaire, the richest man in the world in the '90s.
- Ronnie Bass: American football player and sportscaster.
- Digby Jones: Baron Jones of Birmingham English businessman lawyer and politician Minister of State for Trade.
- Gary Lavergne: American author.
- Indra Nooyi: Business Executive.
- William Gates: billionaire CEO (Microsoft).
- Egypt and Saudi-Arabia sign defense treaty
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?