Sunday 28 October 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Friendly Persuasion, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1956 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: Iranian politician.
- Frankie Vercauteren: Belgian soccer football player with the Belgian national team.
- Dave Wyndorf: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Monster Magnet).
- Volker Zotz: Austrian philosopher scholar and author.
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Luctuosissimi eventus
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?