Monday 28 October 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Wake Up Little Susie by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Pursuit of the Graf Spee, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1957 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Christian Berkel: German actor.
- Marian Bell: English economist and academic.
- Ahmet Kaya: Turkish singer and composer (Born 1957).
- Stephen Morris: English drummer (Joy Division New Order and The Other Two).
- Zach Wamp: American businessman and politician.
- Florence Arthaud: French sailor (skipper), born to Jacques (dead in 2014), director of the Arthaud publishing house: he specialized in mountain books (based in Grenoble). In 1974, she was victim of a car accident (coma, paralysis, 6 months hospital) and then decided to sail.
- Ernst Grafenberg: German physician and scientist (Born 1881).
- WMVS TV channel 10 in Milwaukee, WI (PBS) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Ricky Nelson - Be-Bop Baby
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- Little Richard - Keep A Knockin'
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 October 1957 and get them!