Wednesday 28 October 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Neville Henry and James Keelaghan.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
The Mouse That Roared, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fractured Fairy Tales.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1959 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Neville Henry: rocker (Blow Monkeys - "Wicked Ways").
- James Keelaghan: Canadian singer-songwriter and producer.
- Toshio Masuda: Japanese composer.
- Randy Wittman: American basketball player and coach.
- Buffalo Bills enter the AFL.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 October 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
- Frankie Avalon - Just Ask Your Heart
- Jerry Wallace - Primrose Lane
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- Wink Martindale - Deck Of Cards
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?