Sunday 28 October 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Monster Mash by Bobby (Boris) Pickett.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Gypsy, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while A Shade Of Difference by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1962 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Scotty Nguyen: Vietnamese-born American professional poker player.
- Erik Thorstvedt: Norwegian footballer and manager.
- Daphne Zuniga: San Francisco, California -- Actress (Jo Reynolds-Melrose Place, Spaceballs).
- Bobby Tate: Fictional character on Soap.
- Michel Lagravère: French Matador who moved to Mexico in 1994 and runs a bull-fighting academy Silverio Pérez with 23 students.
- Pierre Froidebise: Composer, dies at 48.
- Khrushchev orders withdrawal of missiles from Cuba, ending crisis
- Radio Moscow reports nuclear missiles in Cuba deactivated
- New York Giants' Y.A. Tittle passes for seven touchdowns versus Washington Redskins (49-34).
- Cuban Missile Crisis: Soviet Union leader Nikita Khrushchev announces that he had ordered the removal of Soviet missile bases in Cuba.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?