Thursday 28 October 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Yesterday by The Beatles.
In UK Tears by Ken Dodd was in the top 5 hits.
Juliet of the Spirits, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1965!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1965 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Jami Gertz in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actress (Less the Zero, Crossroads, Solarbabies).
- Eric Floyd: NFL guard (Arizona Cardinals).
- Jami Gertz: American actress and producer.
- David Warburton: English composer businessman and politician.
- Guenther Huber: Italian skier in the International Olympic games in Nagano, Japan February 1998.
- Miyako Yoshida: Japanese ballerina
- Mark Carrier: American athlete, pro-football wide receiver, his professional career lasted from 1987-98.
- Franck Sauzée: French international footballer and manager. He played 39 times for the French national team between 1988 and 1993, scoring nine goals and captaining the team several times. He achieved great success at club level during the same period, winning the 1993 UEFA Champions League Final and three league titles with Marseille. Later in his career he earned great plaudits for his performances for Scottish club Hibernian, whom Sauzée subsequently managed for a short period.
- In St. Louis, Missouri, construction is completed on the Gateway Arch, a 630-foot-high parabola of stainless steel. The arch was erected to commemorate President Thomas Jefferson's Louisiana Purchase of 1803.
- Pope Paul VI proclaims Jews not collectively guilty for crucifixion.
- Construction on the St. Louis Arch is completed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- The Vogues - You're The One
- The Gentrys - Keep On Dancing
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Everybody Loves A Clown
- Bob Dylan - Positively 4th Street
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 October 1965 and get them!