Saturday 28 October 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to To Sir With Love by Lulu.
In UK Massachusetts by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Cool Hand Luke, directed by Stuart Rosenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Gabriel Hounds by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1967!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1967 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Monica Chan: Hong Kong model and actress Miss Hong Kong 1989.
- Sophie : Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein.
- Kevin Macdonald: Scottish director producer and screenwriter.
- John Romero: American video game designer co-founded Id Software.
- Elise Boulanger: American student singer, dancer and actress at Syracuse University; she graduated Cum Laude in three and a half years.
- Julia Roberts: American actress, winner of the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress in "Steel Magnolias," 1989 and a second Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in "Pretty Woman" in 1990. With Academy Award nominations for the same roles, she became the highest paid actress of her generation, earning $12 million per film.
- James Joseph: NFL running back (Cin Bengals)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Association - Never My Love
- The Young Rascals - How Can I Be Sure
- Soul Survivors - Expressway (To Your Heart)
- Vikki Carr - It Must Be Him
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Marvin Gaye - Your Precious Love
- Aretha Franklin - A Natural Woman (You Make Me Feel Like)
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?