Monday 28 October 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin was in the top 5 hits.
The Lion in Winter, directed by Anthony Harvey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1968!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1968 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Marc Lievremont: French rugby union footballer and coach.
- Chris Broussard: American journalist and sportscaster.
- Caitlin Cary: American singer and violinist (Whiskeytown).
- Marc Lièvremont: French rugby player and coach.
- Mayumi Ozaki: Japanese wrestler.
- Christine Barbuto: American employee of TJX Companies, a buyer, killed aboard American Airlines Flight 11 when it impacted New York’s World Trade Center on 9/11/2001. Christine had a merchandising degree from the U. of Rhode Island. She was en route to Los Angeles on a buying trip for TJX, the parent company of TJ MAXX and Marshall’s stores for which she had worked the past five years. A very pretty girl, she was known as bubbly and outgoing. She leaves her father and two sisters.
- Aleksandr Koreshkov: Hockey forward (Team Kazakhstan Olympics - 1998)
- Ernie Mills: NFL wide receiver (Pittsburgh Steelers, Carolina Panthers)
- Glenn Clear: Soccer player (Vitesse)
- Rodney Thomas: NFL running back (Houston Oilers)
- Shawna Molcak: Cardston, Alberta -- Basketball guard (1996 Olympics)
- Stan Thomas: NFL tackle (Houston Oilers)
- Henricus WJM Keuls: Lawyer / poet, dies at 85.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- Cream - White Room
- The Turtles - Elenore
- Gary Puckett - Over You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 October 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?