Wednesday 28 October 1970
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to I'll Be There by Jackson 5.
In UK Band Of Gold by Freda Payne was in the top 5 hits.
Africa Erotica, directed by Louis Soulanes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1970!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1970 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Greg Eagles: American voice actor and producer.
- Bracey Walker: NFL safety (Cin Bengals, Miami Dolphins).
- Rob Hitchcock: CFL defensive back (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- US / USSR sign an agreement to discuss joint space efforts
- NBA Cleveland Cavaliers first home game, lose to San Diego Rockets 110-99.
- US/USSR sign an agreement to discuss joint space efforts.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?