Saturday 28 October 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Calvin Jackson and Chad Folk.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Solaris, directed by Andrey Tarkovskiy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Das Licht der schwarzen Kerze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1972!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1972 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Calvin Jackson: NFL cornerback (Miami Dolphins).
- Chad Folk: CFL cornerback (Toronto Argonauts).
- Terrell Davis: American football player, a running back for the Denver Broncos.
- Trista Sutter: American game show contestant who was runner-up to the winner of "The Bachelor," Amanda Marsh.
- Brad Paisley: American musician.
- Mother Earth closes at Belasco Theater NYC after 12 performances
- The Airbus A300 flies for the first time.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From Superfly)
- Rick Nelson - Garden Party
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Danny O'Keefe - Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?