Monday 28 October 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Crockett and Leaf Phoenix in Puerto Rico actor (Russkies.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to You Haven't Done Nothin' by Stevie Wonder.
In UK Everything I Own by Ken Boothe was in the top 5 hits.
Phantom of the Paradise, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Weekend.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Qwak!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1974!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1974 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Henri Crockett: NFL linebacker (Atlanta Falcons).
- Leaf Phoenix in Puerto Rico actor (Russkies: Space Camp).
- Dejan Stefanovic: Serbian footballer.
- Dayanara Torres: Puerto Rican actress and beauty queen.
- Joaquin Phoenix: Movie Actor.
- Braden Looper: Weatherford, Oklahoma -- Baseball pitcher (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist)
- Vicente Moreno: Spanish footballer and manager
- Dejan Stefanović: Serbian footballer and coach
- 1st time 2 Islanders hat trick in same game-MacMillian and Westfall
- Luna 23 launched (landing on Moon)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 October 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - You Haven't Done Nothin'
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
- Carole King - Jazzman
- Elton John - The Bitch Is Back
- Bad Company - Can't Get Enough
- John Lennon - Whatever Gets You Thru The Night
- Tony Orlando and Dawn - Steppin' Out (Gonna Boogie Tonight)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
- Mac Davis - Stop And Smell The Roses
- America - Tin Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?