Thursday 28 October 1976
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Keiron Cunningham and Martin Lepa.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to If You Leave Me Now by Chicago.
In UK Mississippi by Pussycat was in the top 5 hits.
Carrie, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Star Gazers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Barricade or Blockade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1976!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1976 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Keiron Cunningham: English-Welsh rugby player and coach.
- Martin Lepa: Estonian footballer.
- Simone Loria: Italian footballer.
- Train collision at Goes Neth, 7 die
- Billy Martin named American League Manager of the Year (New York Yankees).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 October 1976
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
- Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Heart - Magic Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?