Sunday 28 October 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Rise by Herb Alpert.
In UK Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles was in the top 5 hits.
Quadrophenia, directed by Franc Roddam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Establishment by Howard Fast was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1979!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1979 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Martin Skoula: Czech ice hockey player.
- Natina Reed: American rapper and actress (Blaque) (d. 2012).
- Martin Škoula: Czech ice hockey player.
- Olcay Çetinkaya: Turkish footballer.
- Dick Howser (best Yank mngr win-lost pct .636) replaces Billy Martin
- Arnold Soboloff, American stage actor (Peter Pan), suffers a heart attack while performing in New York and dies at age 48.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 October 1979 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?