Tuesday 28 October 1980
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Woman In Love by Barbra Streisand.
In UK Don't Stand So Close To Me by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Oh, God! Book II, directed by Gilbert Cates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Key To Rebecca by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1980!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1980 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Jérémy Michalak: French TV presenter and producer, his career was launched by Laurent Ruquier.
- Kanzi : American bonobo.
- Christy Hemme: American wrestler singer and ring announcer.
- Dimitri Liakopoulos: Greek actor.
- Agnes Obel: Danish singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Alan Smith: English footballer and coach
- Ben Goldsmith: English financier and environmentalist. The son of financier Sir James Goldsmith and Lady Annabel Goldsmith he is one of the founders and managers of the sustainability-focused investment firm WHEB Group. He has used his personal wealth to support both philanthropic and political projects in the area of the environment and sustainability.
- Leon Janney: Actor (Jim Matthews-Another World, Hawk), dies at 63.
- U.S. President Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan debate in Cleveland, Ohio. Reagan's genial, witty performance causes him to overtake Carter in the polls.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Pointer Sisters - He's So Shy
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- The Doobie Brothers - Real Love
- Donna Summer - The Wanderer
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Stephanie Mills - Never Knew Love Like This Before
- Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out
- Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin')
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?