Monday 28 October 1985
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Troian Bellisario and Tyrone Barnett.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Part-Time Lover by Stevie Wonder.
In UK The Power Of Love by Jennifer Rush was in the top 5 hits.
To Live and Die in L.A., directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Texas by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hard Labeur.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dig Dug II or Hex.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1985.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1985!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1985 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Troian Bellisario: American actress and singer, best known for playing Spencer Hastings in the ABC Family series Pretty Little Liars.
- Tyrone Barnett: English footballer.
- Ravi Ratnayeke takes 8-83 for Sri Lanka vs. Pakistan
- Sandinista Daniel Ortega becomes president of Nicaragua and vows to continue the transformation to socialism and alliance with the Soviet Union and Cuba; American policy continues to support the Contras in their revolt against the Nicaraguan government.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - Part-Time Lover
- Jan Hammer - Miami Vice Theme
- Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love For You
- Tears For Fears - Head Over Heels
- A-Ha - Take On Me
- Glenn Frey - You Belong To The City
- Starship - We Built This City
- Sting - Fortress Around Your Heart
- Loverboy - Lovin' Every Minute Of It
- ABC - Be Near Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?