Friday 28 October 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Devon Murray and Edd Gould.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins.
In UK One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
They Live, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Cardinal Of The Kremlin by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching This Is David Lander.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Erika to Satoru no Yume Bōken or Impossible Mission II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1988!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1988 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Devon Murray: Irish singer and actor.
- Edd Gould: Cartoonist.
- Nanao : Japanese model and actress.
- Shota Kawanishi: Japanese footballer.
- Kim Un-guk: North Korean weightlifter.
- Jurors award $147,000 to Tacoma parishioner seduced by her minister
- Microsoft cofounder Paul Allen gives US$10 million to University of Washington library.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 October 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- The Beach Boys - Kokomo
- The Escape Club - Wild, Wild West
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
- Steve Winwood - Don't You Know What The Night Can Do?
- Kylie Minogue - The Loco-Motion
- INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
- Whitney Houston - One Moment In Time
- Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?