Sunday 28 October 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Champagne, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 28 October 2007 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 October
- Jimmy Makulis: Greek-German singer (d. 2007).
- The Boston Red Sox win the 2007 World Series in a four-game sweep against the Colorado Rockies.
- Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner becomes the first woman elected President of Argentina.
- The Roman Catholic Church beatifies 498 people who were executed during the Spanish Civil War. The decision sparks controversy because most of them were supporters of dictator Francisco Franco. (BBC)
- The Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Olmert apologizes to the Prime Minister of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdoğan for possibly violating Turkish airspace. (VOA)
- Numerous locations and machines in North America are affected by newly instituted rules governing Daylight Savings Time. (tcpalm.com)
- Apparel manufacturer Gap Inc. convenes all of its Indian suppliers to ampquotforcefully reiterateampquot its prohibition on child labor after ''The Observer'' found children young as 10 making clothing for it in a New Delhi sweatshop. (AP via CNN)
- Israel reduces the flow of oil to the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip. (CNN)
- Scandinavian Airlines decides to immediately and permanently discontinue services based on the use of its 24 Dash 8 Q400 a after a series of crash landings. (Reuters)
- 2007 Atlantic hurricane season: Tropical Depression Sixteen forms 195 miles (310 kilometers) south-southeast of Port au Prince, Haiti. A tropical storm warning is issued for the southwestern peninsula of Haiti, and a tropical storm watch is issued for the southeastern coast of Cuba. (NHC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 October 2007 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?