Tuesday 28 October 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Role Models, directed by David Wain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Brisingr by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 2008!
Which were the important events of 28 October 2008 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 October
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rises 889.35 points, or 10.88 percent, to 9,065.12, its second-biggest point gain. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index gains 91.59 points, or 10.79 percent, to 940.51, also its second-biggest point gain. The Nasdaq Composite Index rises 143.57 points, or 9.53 percent, to 1,649.47.
- Tamil Tiger terrorists have carried out unsuccessful air strikes on oil tanks near the capital, Colombo, and an army camp in Mannar, north-western Sri Lanka. (AFP via Google)
- At its Professional Developers Conference, Microsoft delivers a pre-beta release of Windows 7 to developers, and announces plans to release a full Windows 7 beta early in 2009. (''The New York Times'')
- North Korea issues a statement declaring that it will turn South Korea into ampquotdebrisampquot if the South does not stop all ampquotconfrontational activitiesampquot. (CNN)
- Iran opens a naval base in the town of Jask, just outside the Strait of Hormuz entrance to the Persian Gulf. (BBC News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?