Thursday 28 October 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Love and Other Drugs, directed by Edward Zwick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Lost Hero: The Heroes of Olympus, Book One by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 28 October 2010 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 October
- Gerard Kelly: Scottish actor (Born 1959).
- Jonathan Motzfeldt: Greenlandic priest and politician 1st Prime Minister of Greenland (d. 2010).
- Ehud Netzer: Israeli archaeologist architect and academic (d. 2010).
- Liang Congjie: Chinese environmentalist founded Friends of Nature (d. 2010).
- James MacArthur: American actor (Born 1937).
- France announces it is likely to withdraw some of its troops from Afghanistan in 2011. (CNN)
- Somali group Al-Shabaab publicly executes two teenage girls, claiming they were spies. (AFP)
- Chinese industrial profits rose 53.5 percent year on year in the first nine months of 2010, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said. (People Daily)
- Nissan recalls 2.1 million vehicles worldwide due to an ignition problem. (BBC)
- American International Group says that if chief executive Robert Benmosche needs to step aside for treatment of his cancer, the chairman of the board, Steve Miller, will serve as interim CEO ampquotfor as long as it takes to identifyampquot a permanent replacement. (AIG Release)
- The death toll from the recent eruption of Mount Merapi in Indonesia rises to 32 as it erupts again. (BBC)
- The death toll from the tsunami rises to at least 343. (''Jakarta Globe'')
- Two volcanoes erupt on Russia's Kamchatka Peninsula, Klyuchevskaya Sopka and Shiveluch, forcing flights to divert and spewing volcanic ash over the nearby town of Ust-Kamchatsk. (AP)
- The 17ampsupampthamp/supamp ASEAN Summit opens in Hanoi, Vietnam. (Xinhua)
- China cancels a meeting with Japan and South Korea amid a dispute over the use of rare earth metals. (''Straits Times'')
- Verizon will pay a $25 million settlement to the U.S. Treasury for overcharging 15 million cellphone customers. (Reuters)
- China's top legislature adopts a decision to appoint Vice President Xi Jinping as vice chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC) of the People's Republic of China. (Xinhua)
- Kenya's internal security minister George Saitoti is named as acting foreign minister following the resignation of Moses Wetangula amid an embassy property scandal. (Reuters)
- The Croatian government survives a motion of no confidence over economic problems and corruption. (Bloomberg)
- Burmese authorities announce that its leader General Than Shwe will not be standing in the upcoming general election. (Al Jazeera)
- Foreign Minister Nyan Win indicates at an ASEAN summit that Aung San Suu Kyi may be freed following the elections on November 7. (''Taiwan News'')
- Guinea sets November 7 as the new date for the presidential run-off. (Al Jazeera)
- Tens of thousands of Argentinians pay tribute to the former President of Argentina Néstor Kirchner at a wake at the Presidential Palace. (Reuters)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?