Wednesday 28 September 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
A Bill of Divorcement, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1932!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1932 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Leonard Braman: Canadian-American actor on-stage from 1955; he moved to Hollywood in 1977 and did films and TV.
- Ernie Shelton: American athlete, a high jumper, and sculptor, he was track and field champion, winning a gold medal at the 1955 Pan American games.
- Jeremy Isaacs: Scottish TV presenter and producer.
- Michael G[reatrex] Coney: Canada -- Sci-fi author (Cat Karina).
- Víctor Jara: Chilean singer-songwriter poet and director (d. 1973).
- Victor Jara: Chilean folk singer and activist (d. 1973)
- New York Yankees win World Series The winning pitcher is Babe Ruth beating Red Sox 9-3
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 September 1932 and get them!